The blog post isn´t really new, but just found some really nice words on the “History of the Internet” on the blog of John Nack — Thanks
Melih Bilgil’s The History of the Internet tells, well, you know, using minimal lines but loads of attention to detail. (The fly-over of Cuba is terrific.) Adobe designer Ethan Eismann writes, “My new personal mission in life is to bring this level or higher of engaging instruction to an Adobe welcome screen near you.”
»The purpose of this deck was to delve into advertising on the third screen (mobile) in this new fifth dimension—where data and information exists in a cloud all around you. This fifth dimension isn’t quite tangible without a device, but if you have an iPhone you can look at a restaurant through your phone and see every review that people left on Yelp or all the tweets tagged with that location.« Aaron Richard
For all the german readers of the PICOL Blog. On October 20th there will be a feature by the director Mike Schaefer in the show “Quarks & Co” on the TV channel WDR.
The episode is called “Die Macht des Internets”. The feature of Mike Schaefer uses parts of the animation “History of the Internet” and for this episode we developed two more takes, which show the Internet of today. In this feature Mike made an very interesting interview with Lawrence Roberts, who was chief scientist at the ARPA.
For more information visit the website of “Quarks & Co“.
Don´t miss the show.
UPDATE: You can download the whole episode here (97MB | MP4)
For those, who don´t know this documentary. This is an documentary from 1972, about early networks, the ARPANET and the beginning of the Internet. There are a lot of interviews with some of its founders.
I was really overwhelmed by the success of my movie “History of the Internet”.
I never believed in such a success. Here I want to thank all the people, who made subtitles for the movie. The clip has already 11 subtitles, which can be selected on YouTube. I asked myself how to start the clip, with a certain subtitle, by a direct URL. After looking around for a while I found that piece “hl=en” in the URL, which is the key to this problem.